IN HOLAND SINCE 1956
Jongert is one of the world’s foremost yachtbuilders, specialised in semi-custom and custom sailing and motoryachts built mainly in steel or aluminium
325yachts
63years of work
44000sq.m. production facilities
20 awards
Scroll to explore
Jongert history
Ahead of its time

The Jongert family started by building small motorboats and quickly saw demand grow for vessels that were technologically advanced for the time. The yard continued to build on its excellent reputation and in 1960 launched its first luxury motoryacht. This was followed up a year later with two classes of sailing yachts – the Zwalkers and the Trewes – created in partnership with marine engineering firm Van der Meer and yacht architect Willem de Vries Lentsch. It was these yachts that gave Jongert its definitive breakthrough as a pioneering yard with a global reputation.

Ahead of its time image
Miracle makers

Further successes were achieved after Jongert started working with Herbert Dahm in 1969. It was at this time that our renowned slogan – ‘The impossible we can do today.

Miracles may take a little while longer’ – first came to light. It still underlies today the Jongert yard’s commitment to offering ever greater comfort, enhanced privacy, more luxury and first-class technologies.

Innovation

In the decades that followed, the yard continued to innovate both with its own design team and in partnership with leading architects and designers such as Doug Peterson, Tony Castro and André Hoek. The Jongert brand name became synonymous with superyachts of the highest quality.

2017
JONGERT TODAY

A family-run yard for generations, today Jongert is part of the VeKa Group. This leading multinational maritime company is a guarantee of quality and sustainability.

History in Details
our shipyard

The Jongert yard is located in the district of Wieringermeer, a polder reclaimed from the Zuiderzee in 1930. It is only a 50-minute drive north of Amsterdam Schiphol Airport and just 25 minutes from Den Helder Airport

Opened in 2003 after years of careful development and fine-tuning, the location was chosen because of its position close to open water.

A 3.5 km shipping lane links the yard to the existing waterway in the

more about facilities